One of the most important things in deciding if permanent cosmetics is right for you is to determine exactly what your expectations are to see if they’re realist.
Having performed these procedures since 1999, I can effectively tell you what can and cannot be achieved. Once your expectations are in line we will talk about color, such as what color best compliments your skin tone and blends best with your natural hair as in the case of eyebrows.
Color is an area I find that a lot of people are confused about. I have attended makeup artistry classes in New York as well as a number of MAC Makeup classes over the years that enable me to confidently guide you in these areas. At the end of the consultation, you should have a clear picture of the procedure and be totally comfortable with your decision to enhance your natural beauty with permanent cosmetics.
I am also available for corrective consultations. As I mentioned earlier, recent color technology advances allows me many more options for corrective work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it hurt? There will be some discomfort. How much depends on several factors such as tolerance and technician skill. Tolerance varies from person to person and by area. Some people find eyeliner uncomfortable but the lips to be not so much or vice versa. The good news is there are some very good topical anesthetics that help relieve your discomfort.
- How Long Does it Take? The initial appointment takes between 1 to 2 hours depending on the procedure. The second appointment is much shorter because there isn’t as much work to do.
- Why Do I Need 2 Appointments? As your procedure heals you go through a flaking or exfoliation process. Some spots can lose more color than others during this process. It is usually necessary to touch up some areas.
- Is It Really Permanent? Technically, yes though your color will fade with time just as any tattoo does. Sun exposure is a big factor in fading so I recommend you use a light coating of sun block on a daily basis. Another factor is depth of color. Plum for instance, will fade faster than Dark Brown or Black.
- I Like to Change My Eyeliner Color Sometimes. Can I Still Do This? Yes, you can. The color is implanted under the skin so you can apply any color on top of the skin and it will cover the implanted pigment. For instance, my eyeliner is black but sometimes I want to wear navy or plum eyeliner. I simply apply the liner on top of my permanent liner and it covers nicely.
- How Do I Decide If Permanent Makeup Is Right For Me? What led you to consider Permanent Makeup? Do you have sparse brows? Are you tired of spending so much time trying to get your eyeliner even? Do you engage in outdoor activities that cause you to sweat thereby removing your eye makeup? Are you visually challenged making it almost impossible to apply eye makeup? Do you have sensitivities to regular cosmetics? Whatever your challenges are they can be put to rest with Permanent Makeup. Call for a free consultation and together we can decide what is right for you.
- Are There Any Side Effects? There will be some swelling in the area treated. Eyebrows will not display much at all while eyes and lips will have more swelling as well as some tenderness. Occasionally, I have seen bruising occur around the eyes and during the procedure there may be some bleeding. Your color will appear much darker until the exfoliation process has taken place but after 5 to 10 days will soften and lighten considerably.
- How Much Does It Cost? The cost of Permanent Makeup is all over the place. However, I would caution you about looking for the cheapest price you can find. I like a bargain as much as the next person but this is MY FACE and the procedure is permanent! I strongly advise you to look for EXPERIENCE. As I said in my bio I have been performing Permanent Makeup procedures since 1999. My prices are listed below for your convenience. All prices include your touch up appointment.
- Full Lips $450 Lip Liner $300
- Eyebrows $250 Upper & Lower Eyeliner $350
- Single eyeliner $200
I hope I have been successful at answering all your questions. If you feel more confident that Permanent Makeup might be for you, give me a call at 623-910-5415 and schedule your FREE consultation.